Entries are welcomed for the 2018 MAMA BONNIE WALTERS ESSAY COMPETITION FOR MWANZA SECONDAY SCHOOLS. This program is organized by Green Livelihood for Century Development (GLCD) and Sponsored by MAMA BONNIE WALTERS FUNDS. Green Livelihood for Century Development, which is abbreviated as GLCD, is a voluntary, non-governmental, non-religious and non-economic oriented organization formed in 2015. GLCD acquired the Certificate of Compliance under the NGO Act of 2002 in 2015 with Registration No. 00NGO/08274.
The theme for this year’s contest is “Youth for Change.” This Program is an activity of the GLCD for National Action Programme (NAP) on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD).
With this theme, we have made some certain categories as mentioned below:
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Science and technology
- Business and management
- International relations and diplomacy
This essay competition is opened to secondary school students (form I - IV) of seven districts in Mwanza region which are Nyamagana, Ilemela, Ukerewe, Sengerema, Magu, Buchosa, Kwimba and Misungwi districts. This program is designed for 50 secondary schools to compete on Essay writing.
This essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, imagination and initiative of the Green Livelihood for Century Development in promoting the culture of healthy environment and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world in which we live.
Theme: All participants are expected to elaborate on the theme of “Youth for Change”
1st winner will receive 100,000 tzs and certificate
2nd winner will receive 75,000 tzs and certificate
3rd winner will receive 50,000 tzs and certificate
Others who entered to top ten will get certificates and other gifts which encourage them to participate next time, the gift includes exercise books, pencils, rulers, pens, school bags and other schools’ accessories.
- Essay may be submitted by any secondary school student of Mwanza region as on April 06, 2018.
- Essay must be between 500-700 words in English
- Essay must be well and good hand written
- Essay must have a cover page indicating
- School name
- Your name
- Title of the essay
- Teachers may submit a collection of essays from their class
- Please enclose list of participants’ names, school, and the name and the contact information of the submitting teacher
- Essay must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized essay will be rejected
- Essay must be written by one person.
- Essay may be submitted by postal address to Green Livelihood for Century Development (GLCD), Box 218 Mwanza.
- Please note that the organizer is unable to confirm receipt of essays or answer individual inquiries concerning contest results.